Saturday, October 5, 2013

Frimerkets Dag 1986


This postcard shows the souvenir sheet issued for Norway's Stamp Day (Frimerkets Dag) on  October 17, 1986. The subject is Norwegian Working Life (Labor) II - The paper industry.

The purpose of Stamp Day is to promote the use of stamps and stamp collecting. In Norway Stamp Day was first held in 1970. At first Norway's Stamp Day was the Friday closest to 9 October "World Post Day."  Different countries celebrate Stamp Day on different dates, usually in October or November. Even within the same country, the date varies. The 2013 Norwegian Stamp Day was October 4.



This is a post for Sunday Stamps at Viridian's Postcard Blog


10 comments:

  1. Our stamp day is 9.9. when croatian post issued the 1st stamp, easy for me to remember now as its my niece's bday xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours. I wish we had a stamp day in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really appropriate for the theme this week. thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we have a stamp day in the UK, and I wasn't aware of World stamp day either. Very nice sheet from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embarrassed to admit, but I have no idea when OUR stamp day is actually *blushing* (I do not know if we even have one in the first place)

    that is one awesome souvenir sheet btw

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know know if Philippines have a stamp day.and Norway sure celebrated it with beautiful stamps.

    My Sunday Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in Norway in 1986 buy never heard of their stamp day. O must have missed out for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a pretty cool souvenir sheet! It has a design that I admire and which was used in some stamps from European countries and Australia in the 80s. Congratulations on the blog!
    Greetings from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...