Friday, August 20, 2010

PFF - 13-Dot Hong Kong Cartoon


13-Dot was a girls comic by artist Lee Wai-Chun. It was popular among young working=class women in Hong Kong during the late 1960s and early 1970s. "13-Dot" is slang that refers to fun-loving and mischievous girls in Shanghainese. Miss 13-Dot was a fashion-crazy teen-age girl from a rich family who was continually changing her costume. Fans would style their clothes after the ones in the comic.

This card was sent to me by a Postcrossing member from Macau, China. She wrote:
This is a famous cartoon in my parents' age. It republish when I was in junior high & it's one of my favorite too. It's a series of stories about a crazy but clever girl.

The postcard is from Hong Kong Comics: 30 Postcards.


7 comments:

  1. Interesting... I can see the retro fashions... some are coming back... TFS

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat postcard! The graphics are so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty post card from so far away

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the artwork of Asia. Japanese and Chinese. Happy PFF
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, love the styling. I have a soft spot for that mod 60s thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, late 60's and very fashion forward!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...