Saturday, September 28, 2013

Belarus Bird Stamps



This postcard shows most of the BirdLife stamps from Belarus from 2002 to 2012 (2011 is not shown). There are logos of the International organization for the protection of birds "BirdLife International" and the Belarus public organization Ahova ptushak Batskaushchyny ((Protection of Homeland Birds) on the stamps.

Belarus has also issued many other stamps with a bird theme. Pictures and descriptions of these and their other bird stamps are on the Bird Theme Stamps page here.


This is a post for Sunday Stamps at Viridian's Postcard Blog


11 comments:

  1. i think i only have seen the top left one before - and again it makes me wonder how available they are as i usually only receive the definitives...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these stamps are probably all letter rates so are not likely to be found on postcards.

      Delete
  2. I just love these postcards with such a stamps variety!
    And I hear you on that one Agi...it is the definitives I usually get only as well..which is such a pity =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started asking for commemorative stamps when I post anything; I rarely get any unless I buy a mini sheet or a set.
    I recognised many of the birds on this great postcard as they occur in the UK as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful postcards and I think I have some of those stamps from the postcards I recieve from Belarus.

    Willa @ PostageJournal:My Sunday Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have a postcard with a collection of bird stamps and it's really nice looking at each of them from different years of release :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing another wonderful postcard from your collection. birds seem to be a popular theme for stamps, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get very confused at the rates on Belarus stamps! But I do wish more of these stamps were sent our way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...