Thursday, May 28, 2009

Postcard Friendship Friday - Air France to Paris



It's time for Postcard Friendship Friday, so let's hop on an Air France plane and go visit Marie at Cpaphilblog.
This lovely Carte Postale is a 1956 poster-style advertising postcard from Air France, "Le plus grand réseau aérien du Monde" or "The world's largest Airline." It is signed by artist E. Lancaster and pictures some of the most famous Paris landmarks.
In the center is the giant Obelisk of Luxor, a gift from Egypt in the 1830s, that once marked the entrance to the Luxor Temple in Egypt. The other landmarks are (clockwise from top left) Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Sacré-Cœur, Notre Dame, and Winged Horse.


16 comments:

  1. I love the colors. What a beautiful postcard! Thanks for sharing, and happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss, I want to fly to Paris may be not by Air France...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to take my Mamma to France soon. Thanks for sharing and have a great PFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The postcard is so unique. Thanks for the board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore le carte postale you posted on your blog! Thanks for the history.
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. quaint arrangement of the landmarks!

    happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card, and an interesting selection of landmarks they chose to illustrate. I suppose they didn't want to be too obvious and put the Eiffel Tower central.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Wow this is really nice.
    Happy Postcard Friendship Friday .
    I would love to frame a card like this and put it on my office wall.
    The colors are fabulous .
    Have a happy weekend.
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unique card ... ah if only I was on that plane .. jetting away!

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being a violinist I love the postcard.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how all of the action stays right in the middle. It's unusual for a postcard design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous vintage postcard! Thank you for stopping by my site and for taking the time to leave a comment... this is not my favorite postcard of mine, either! Thanks for sharing your fab vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll hop that plane with you! I'd love to be off to Paris. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...