Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Alabam's Sign, Buffalo, Wyoming



I collect postcards showing signs. I was planning to post a lot of them on my blog starting in May 2007. After posting about ten of them the first month, I got sidetracked. When I saw the Signs, Signs meme, I decided that the meme would be a good excuse to start posting more signs. I do like photographs of signs too and have some on Flickr.

The Alabam's sign postcard is one of the most amusing sign postcards that I have. This card has a two cent stamp box, which dates it to the 1950s. This is the description on the back:
ALABAM'S (on Fort Street)--Buffalo, Wyoming's only "Soup-or-Service". Don't go hungry or run short of gas. Open early and late, Sundays and holidays.

I'm participating in Signs, Signs





17 comments:

  1. Obviously an upmarket place. Funny. Glad you have found your way to Signs, Signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard! I am looking forward to seeing your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember the days when we had “penny post cards!” Wish I still had sow of them. Can’t find my childhood postcard collection anywhere. Have been looking for it for years. Glad you haven’t lost yours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have stayed there just for the amenities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. neat. I collect postcards and wish I had some of these old time ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha, that is funny! love it! wish i collect something too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Guy by The Sign Looks Real Proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The guy at the sign is the gas attendant. He pumped gas into your car. Notice how he is dressed. That's something that has been lost over time. Thanks to you and your collection the past has not been lost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inside out houses! Great idea, hate outside out houses!
    I'm now a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone know what the "inside out house" thing was all about? I must know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inside out houses...? Welcome to Signs, Signs...:-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! I'm so happy to see you sharing your wonderful collection on Signs Signs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a very interesting hobby and it makes for a fun blog -- thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great sign and a great collecting theme. I don't think I have any sign post cards. Probably best not to start!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...