Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools and April Weather






This postcard is one of my favorite finds. I love the Arts and Crafts design; it's the only American April Fool postcard I have; and it's one of only two cards I have from the Geo. W. Parker Art Co. of Minneapolis. It also has an unusual back with Welcome Card in place of the usual Post Card.

Both the greeting on the front and the message on the back are very appropriate considering the weather we have been having this year. The message is dated 3/25/14 and says: "have just had a light storm, but more snow than any one time this winter. Will be glad when spring weather prevails."


11 comments:

  1. This card is not only exceptionally beautiful, it's also very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a lovely and unusual card. I always think of April showers bringing forth May flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right it is arts and crafts like, the font similar to Eric Gill, great card. Times may change, but not the weather:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite kind of illustrations. I adore everything from the 20's and 30's. Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty original! Foolish, eh? :)

    Did you finally see our Belarus MCs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great illustrated card, and one of the first I've seen that wasn't called a post card on the message side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that card! Unusual, and with great artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, for all the reasons you mention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a wonderful and unusual card. I love it!

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...