Thursday, June 10, 2010

PFF - Betsy Ross and the First Stars & Stripes



This is an oversize (5-1/4" X 6-3/4") postcard and is part of a series made for the 1976 U.S. bicentennial. I am posting it in honor of flag day.

This is the text from the back of the card:

BETSY ROSS AND THE FIRST STARS AND STRIPES
By Dunsmore

In 1776, Mrs. Ross of Philadelphia was commissioned to make the first American flag. A committee consisting of Robert Morris and George Ross, accompanied by General Washington called upon this celebrated seamstress and together with her suggestions produced "Old Glory" , the emblem of our Liberty. The design was adopted by resolution of the Continental Congress on June 14, 1777.

10 comments:

  1. Great card for Flag Day! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading about the Betsy Ross flag just the other day! I like the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great card...makes me feel very patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got confused by last Friday's post - thinking flag day was last week. That will teach me to pay more attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find a postcard with wild mammal(s), such as your gorillas, and it might be available for swap with me, please let me know.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely postcard. Happy PFF and Happy Flag Day. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore this postcard! I have a special feeling for Flag Day!

    Thank you for sharing this--and happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...