Sunday, July 12, 2009

Recaption This - Marie or Anyone



This morning I read Marie's Beef-a-roni post and the Little Red Mailbox blog about altered postcards. I decided to look through my stash of duplicate postcards and see what I had that might be altered.

This postcard is a © MCMLXXXIII American Greetings Corp. I have a bunch of this postcard because it was sold in a pad of twelve postcards, and there is plenty of space to add stuff. Somehow, it made me think of Marie flying to the U. S., and this is the result. Originally, I was going to hand letter it, but I ended up just altering it digitally with Photoshop.

The character on this postcard is Strawberry Shortcake. Strawberry Shortcake and her cat Custard were originally designed in 1977 for American Greetings. In the 1980s, Strawberry Shortcake was a big fad in the United States.

I am including the unaltered postcard so you can play with it. If you feel like making your own altered postcard from this and sharing it, please put it on your blog and post a comment with your link.




4 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm sorry I haven't been by to see your postcards. As you probably know, our parents were involved in a roll-over accident on the freeway and are both now recovering, leaving little time for blogging. I had a few minutes just now, though, so here I am.

    I remember those postcards, in fact, I actually have a few postcards with these characters!

    As for a caption, how about Strawberry Rainbows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. New caption:

    "Boy, won't the leprechaun be surprised!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just have to try altering that postcard digitally that is. Altered postcards, altered books, etc is very popular.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiii Lynn! My Wifi connection is FINALLY working properly! My computer had gone bonkers:) Isn't altered postcard art a blast! It opens up such another realm for our postcard passion! I have been eating beef a roni for breakfast too. Even my small kids are rolling their eyes at my Chef Boy ar dee nuttiness! Hooray in Danish Strawberry Shortcake's name is Marie:) I was just reading through the wiki page you linked up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...