Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday - Smiley Faces



This postcard has an undivided back and was published by The Metropolitan News Co., Boston. The hearts may indicate that it is a Valentine, though I had it filed with my general comics.

vintage potholder faces

These potholders are ones I found online a few weeks ago. They represent a new direction for my potholder collection. I like thingies with faces, and I also want to collect some potholders with appliques or pieces of vintage print material. I was lucky to get three at a time, all of which are in like new condition.


Vintage Thingies Thursdays




17 comments:

  1. Those potholders are adorable! I've never seen any like them, and they're so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your potholders are very unique. At least they should put a smile on your face if you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The postcard made me chuckle but those potholders are too funny. I have not seen any like those before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very super cute potholders! hehehe.. never see one like yours.. thanks for sharing and have a great day! happy VTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The potholders are adorable, love all the smiling faces. Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha those potholders are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen anything like those before - you just have to smile back at them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these potholders! You are so lucky to get them...they are not easy to find-there seem to be many more crochet potholders than fabrics ones left.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like that top pot holder...
    it must make you smile back at them when you see them!
    have a great day
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I love those potholders. They're wonderful..I've never seen any like them before.. Happy VTT and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those potholders are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun those potholders are. They have the same look as aprons of that age.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and cute potholders. Is it just me or does the top potholder look like the lady on the postcard?

    ReplyDelete
  14. eeekkk....your pot holders are ADORABLE! If I didn't like you so much, I feel that envy may have set in. :)
    Cute postcard too, what a er...lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa, that postcard! That woman needs a makeover! :)
    Great potholders.
    Happy VTT!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...