Saturday, January 8, 2011

Russian New Year Stamp Postcard 1977



If you are interested in stamps and postcards, be sure to visit the new Sunday Stamps Meme at Viridian's Postcard Blog.

I like both postcards showing images of stamps and Soviet New Year postcards. This postcard combines those interests. This card was published in 1977 for the 1978 New Year. I haven't found any information on the top stamp image. The stamp on the bottom is the Soviet New Year Stamp issued in 1976 for the 1977 New Year. I found a large image of that on Wikimedia Commons.


С Новым Годом = Happy New Year
ПОЧТА СССР = MAIL USSR

For more information see my article on Russian New Year Postcards and the links at the bottom of that article.

For more of my blog posts about stamps, click the "stamps" label at the bottom of this post or my sidebar.


7 comments:

  1. The Russian postcards are so beautifully detailed and colorful. I just read your post on the history. I'm so glad they are free to celebrate Christmas now if they so have it in their heart. Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for participating! That is a very colorful postcard, and colorful stamps too! I have a few "CCCP" stamps that I hope feature on later blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stamps. I like Russian stamps, lots of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that Russia produced postcards showing stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special stamp AND postcards, I'd be in postcard heaven. Some beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...